Parking Complaints
print friendly textonly
feature head more features
Parking Complaints
Cars and trucks parked in front of my house

Question: What can I do about cars that park and never move from in front of my house?

Answer: The Foster City Municipal Code states that vehicles parked on the street over 72 hours may be considered abandoned vehicles. By calling in the location and description of the automobile to the police department at 650-286-3300, we will come out and check to ensure that the vehicle is not stolen, and confirm that it is currently registered. The officer will then mark the vehicle for observation. This mark may not be readily visible to you, but the officer knows where to look for it. If the vehicle does not move at least 1/10th of a mile, the vehicle can be cited after 72 hours and ultimately towed away at the owner's expense.

It is not unlawful to park a vehicle on a public street, even in front of your house, if it is legally parked, currently registered and moves every 72 hours.

Car Blocking Driveway

Question: Whom do I call if a car is blocking my driveway?

Answer: Call our Public Safety Dispatch Center at (650) 286-3345

For more information please visit our Abandoned Vehicles page

“Excellent Service—Every Call—Every Contact—Every Day!”

City Hall - 610 Foster City Blvd.
Foster City, CA 94404
(650) 286-3200